Sunday, May 25, 2014

Art in Altadena -- Take a bite

Food for the soul, guaranteed.



Temporary art installation at the very permanent and always beautiful Altadena Community Garden, Lincoln/Loma Alta, is open every Sunday, 11 am to 4 pm, through June 22. All are welcome, and it's free.











And really, if you live in any of the Dena's, you must drop by.

Visits also available by appointment. Thanks to organizer and artist Ben Pruskin for the tour (Ben of the rabbit Teenage Couple piece), and Liz Garrison for the alert -- more info here on her website. Though not part of this project, it's always good to check in with Garrison, a well-known LA artist, to find out what might be happening in your own backyard.

And since it's June, or just about, we should kick it with a summer song.

22 comments:

  1. Way to use those resources, KB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't miss the smoking minotaur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's a bunny, it's gotta be good. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Art Installation looks great!
    Love the couple of bunny.
    I would love to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you could fly up here, Sonia. The community gardens are the equivalent of allotments in the UK; local folks grow the most amazing and amazingly huge vegetables -- collards, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, and the artists designed the sculptures with a specific garden in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkin guy's my favorite, but I enjoy them all . . . imagination and whimsy. The garden looks great, soaking up that Southern California sun. Loma Alta and Lincoln -- not that far from the trailhead to Millard Canyon, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for pumpkin here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made off with seed pods from the pink hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so wonderfully whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Karin, would be great if I could fly up there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The very place, John. Ann, it's also a great excuse to explore the gardens -- I've only seen them from the outside looking in.

    PA, you disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your sunshine as I sit here in the rain, which you're envying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun event. Love the art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. take my photo please, Karin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There appears to be many legs to a rabbit. If I can ever release myself from the dadgum basement society meetings... the world is passing me by. This peek has piqued my interest, or something.

    As you were.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such odd and wonderful pieces! We're so lucky to live in Altadena, and yet, I miss most of what's happening in my own backyard. Thanks for the heads up, and for the heads up on PA's blog. I really need to tune back in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Colonel Green, you need your specs -- them's two rabbits.

    Kenny Mac, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is awesome! I love that stuff and what a great place to display it.

    ReplyDelete