Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh PA, I've got your amphibian


Now if I can just keep his toes from falling off while he dries. I did him freehand, but with your picture (I don't mean your picture, you're not the least bit frog-like -- I mean the picture you drew) in front of me the whole time. Unfortunately I went rather large and half of his fingers are cut off, so he's a special needs toad. And just for clarification because I know how cruel people can be, that's grass and stuff underneath, not toad droppings. Or upon reflection, from this angle it kind of looks like a giant frog that's about to swoop down from the sky and terrorize a teepee village. He's also starting to look half rabbit on the backside. Better stop, breathed in too much clay dust, I'd wager.

(org. picture here
www.pasadenaadjacent.com/2008/10/09/ogs-concluded

16 comments:

  1. "Special needs toad" - funny

    I love him, warts and all.

    Will he be glazed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petrea, can't you picture Laurie at 1 a.m. designing her set? Yes CO, I'm Ginger and MaryAnn! Alas Susan, yes, there are many things that can still go wrong, including the firing and the glazing. That's why I thought I'd grab him now in case he dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would do the OG drawing proud! He is a handsome boy despite the appendage issues. It looks like you combined carving and building up the form. It's really nice. I like the edges of the tile. I'll e-mail you, I've got to do a pick up run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do a whole bunch of fr ogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was improper of me to say "bunch of frogs." I should have said army of frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger & MaryAnn!!

    Oh, K, don't put these kinda thoughts in my head-canine or not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is my wheels are turnin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once had frog legs for dinner. I'll live with guilt for the rest of my life. Oh, cruel that you should visit this on me, just when I was getting to know you. I'll recover. I can't do the 12 step thang though. Perhaps a penitent walk up the mountain side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - the pairing (plus Laurie) of the Pasadena-adjacent artists. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete