Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life can be delish with a sunny disposish

Two top of line dogs at Boxer Rescue LA. This is a personal testimonial as I walked both this Sunday for an hour each. Perfect on leash, commands, with all other animals, people, children.

Shorty (who is not at all short) was given up by her family when they lost their home. Bit of a couch potato, she liked it best when we walked a mile or so to a shady area and stopped for a chat. She's the girl you'd want along for morning coffee and paper at an outdoor cafe.



Dicken is about a year old, but gorgeous and perfectly mannered -- which is remarkable for such a young boxer. Excellent companion for walking, jogging, or sitting down in the grass. Oh, he loved it when I took him to my secret grassy knoll. (Yes, and that's an actual boxer tail.)






Sorry for the out of frame pictures. It's hard with one hand on the leash and the other on the clicker. Impossible if they weren't so well behaved. For more info, here's the link:
Boxer Rescue

11 comments:

  1. What handsome doggies! Boxers are great dogs, excess saliva aside. They are one of my favorite breed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop playing with the dogs and get back to work on our website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the angles of your photos. Shorty looks like a pleaser..sweet. I'm a sucker for an animal post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, PA, that's because no one does an animal post better than you. Altho cafe observed is pretty darned good. Gonna try to make a vegetable tile tomorrow -- like that's never been done. Still, or maybe I could do Dicken stretched out on his back. Have you ever seen a more perfect definition of bliss?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's rite, Sister K, no 1 does it better than me. And, I barely half time 2 ck my spelling.

    What a coincidence you would post on de same dog gone subject as I did 2day on my blog. Good job.

    Did someone say "job?"

    Anyway, I gotta find one of my pets. I take the leash off a human & they go crazy like a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so sweet! Dicken sure looks long.
    (Extri, extri - read all about it! - my word verification)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stretched to the utmost capacity. Give them a couple more centuries and boxers will be bi-peds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Boxer tail! Oh, sweet. I can vouch for Boxers and for Boxer Rescue. We got Boz there. They (you) are good at caring for the poopers. I still have a small pile of blankets and towels for you.

    I don't understand why people cut dog tails (and ears). Boz's ears are intact, but someone cut off his tail way back when. I often have to answer the question for children: "What happened to his tail?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm blushing, hand me a pair of boxer shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dicken said, if you've got, thump it with a trumpet.

    ReplyDelete