Friday, October 31, 2008

It was spooky, but then came the movie deal



One of the Altadena haunted houses. Just a few years ago the paint was chipping, roof caving in, statuary pushed over and broken. I talked to a neighbor (he thought I was a location scout. I am! Susan Carrier told me I can be anything I want to be!). After landing haunted house cameos on the Ghost Whisperer and a couple of horror movies, the old hussy ran out for inplants, veneers, and a chemical peel. I miss the pre-botox charm; at least the landscape is still left to its own devices.

The neighbor said, "Tha woman wot lives inside is rolling in brass."

...ok, maybe he didn't say it quite that way.

14 comments:

  1. Implants? veneers? did I mention that lost battle with the lower bicuspid? oops, different conversation. There are a few of the gals left on the chopping block. Many in Sierra Madre if you should ever park the car and bypass the trail for the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you learned how to add hot links to your posts!

    Kids used to call our house the "haunted house" when we first moved in because it had been neglected for decades. Now they call it the "antique house" - not because of the age of the house or the contents - but because we live in the dark ages without cable (until last week), big screen TV and all the other trappings of modern middle class families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this film crew doing in my house? I'll see to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Earl, I'll be over for a drink because I fear that sherry is about to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She can turn, she can twist
    She can come out to my twist party.
    Come out where the bright moon shines.
    Come out, we'll dance the night away.
    I'm gonna make you mi yi yi ine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing like a little decayed elegance, in body and building but not in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a windbag! There's nuthin' wrong with decayed elegance of the mind. Go back to your dark drip, Miss H.

    - Sculleryduggery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decayed elegance. I can get behind that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fear everyone's sherry turned before I had the chance to stop it. Ah well, happy November.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some may say this house is haunted, but I say the current White House is an example of decayed elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Entropy is a favorite word of mine. But it's not attractive in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you think the White House is horrifying, take a look at my latest post.

    ReplyDelete