Monday, August 25, 2008

Slacker

Oh, for god's sake, if I have one more friend ask me if I've started to look for work yet. NO,NO,NO-- I've haven't even gotten my third unemployment check. I just started to learn how to sleep past 6. I've been running so consistently, I have my first tight ab (the others will follow, how many do I get?).

I think my friends are jealous. Or I think they think I'll be asking for money. Or that I'll try to sell them zucchini. (Well, so what? It's a wholesome, tasteless vegetable, and I've got 15 of them out there.)

But I'm nothing if not easily bullied, so I did start work on the resume. Which means I can't stay off other people's blogs, because a resume is probably the most hapless, horrible task in extant. And since it's all done online, it's so easy to move that little arrow up to the http:// and type in something ever so much more interesting. Oops, how did I get there? Well, so long as I am here...I sneak up there with my right hand, as if my left hand won't notice (too busy typing "Experience" and "Accomplishments"). And then I just throw up both hands, grab the camera and a dog, and go to see some sights. Better I stalk my own blog.




7 comments:

  1. No work? No more eat nor drink for you!

    What kind of camera do you have & do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canon powershot s01100 IS. yes, I like it, but what do I know. I think it ran $250, including increased memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are familiar sights. I don't recognize the door, though. It looks private. Maybe yours. Cozy. A hideaway. Why would you ever want to leave if you didn't have to? Why find a job if you don't have to?

    Write a book instead. Telecommute. Syndicate a column. What would you do if you could do anything you wanted to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I was just ranting. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of unemployment, and don't want to cut it too short too soon. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my zucchini stand. I think I see a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't mention job applications if you don't ask me how much yearly income my fabulous career brings in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pa, I guesstimate is at least 6 figures$. I may be under a bit.

    ReplyDelete